Cashew nut processing at Asia Commodities Factory
Raw material before transported to the cashew plant checked by KCS department; based on the specific grades of cashew nut kernels.
Quality according to AFI standard; production line modern, automatic from shredding, silk sorting…. We have X-ray machine, color shot machine, metal detector. Cashew nuts are manufactured according to BRC, HACCP, ISO22000
1/ Raw material:
- Raw materials include all types of cashew nuts separated and dried to reach a humidity level below 5%
- The source of raw materials are gathered from the factories in the areas of Binh Phuoc, Dong Nai, Tay Ninh, Long An and some other provinces in the country.
- Raw material before transported to the cashew plant checked by KCS department; based on the specific grades of cashew nut kernels.
2/ Cashew nut Grading:
- The grading process is made by machines on types of cashew nuts such as W240, W320, W450…
- The purpose of this process is to classify materials based on grain sizes.
- There are many different grain sizes. Based on each type, we will adjust the size divider accordingly.
- Through this grading process, the grain will reach the required size for export; or meet customer requirements for each specific order.
3/ Color sorting process:
- This process is to remove particles with unsatisfactory colors and some strange imporities through the color sensor of the color sorting machine.
- Depending on the standards of each type and each specific customer; we will adjust the level of the sorting machine accordingly.
- After going through this stage, the particles will become analogous; suit with export standards about the color as well as percentage of unsuitable particles allowed.
4/ Manual classification:
- Manual sorting is a manual sorting process that adjusts quality to suit orders that are difficult to achieve by sorting machine.
- The particles will be spread out across the stainless steel table. Then, sorted by hand by workers to select fine particles based on visual observation and evaluation.
- Through this process, the grain will achieve overall quality according to export standards.
- This is an important process to ensure that there are no live insects in the products. Because, this is a serious mistake in exporting agricultural products.
- The grains will be fumigated in a closed room to kill insects.
- This process is conducted withein 7 days
- During this time, all doors and windows of the fumigation room must be absolutely closed.
- The equipment used must also be thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis as insects may breed in hidden crevices and gaps.
6/ Detecting impurities and packing:
- This process will be conducted on packaging lines combined with X-ray impurity detection machine.
- The grain will be poured into a stainless steel funnel; then go through a shaking sieve to remove small-sized impurities.
- The grains then will be passed through a flat conveyor. The worker will monitor the whole process to remove some visible impurities.
- The end of the conveyor is a big vacuum cleaner to remove dust and light impurities.
- The remaining impurities will be rejected by Xray before being packed.
7/ Metal detectors and loading goods:
- Goods before loading must go through metal detectors for final inspection before being released.
- Containers must be checked to ensure that the side wall and roof panel are not damaged. In addition, the floor must be clean and free from scratches.
- The loading of goods onto containers must ensure proper loading of goods; avoid breaking the cartons. Besides, each cartons must be affixed with paper and photographed for control.
- Finally, close the container door and check the seal in accordane with the regulations.
Buy cashew nuts online in bulk, see now >> CASHEW NUTS